Highlander Charter School

Organization Name: Highlander Charter School
Address: 42 Lexington Avenue
Providence, RI 02907
Phone: 401-277-2600
Service Categories:
Email: info@highlandercharterschool.org
Eligibility: By Rhode Island Law and regulations from the Rhode Island Department of Education, students are admitted to Highlander by lottery. This lottery determines which applicants are enrolled the following school year. In Highlander’s case, 75% of the students admitted to our school through lottery are Providence residents. The other 25% admitted through lottery are from other Rhode Island cities. The lottery takes place in the first week of March. All families will be notified of the results of the lottery by mail. Lower School Pre-K-5th Upper School 6th-12th
Services Provided: Highlander is a public charter school open to Rhode Island Students from Pre-K-12th grade.
Lower School
Pre-K-5th grade
6th - 12th grade

Providence and in Warren locations
Provider Profiles: Highlander Charter School is the first independent public charter school in Rhode Island. We are located in an historic mill building in one of the poorest sections of Providence that was renovated as a state of the art arts and education center in 2007.
Using innovative education practices as a catalyst for social change Highlander Charter School is working to ensure that all children have the educational opportunities and support they need to achieve their full potential.
Original Source: Rhode Island Quality Institute
Last Updated: 3/20/2017